Eat your Rigatoni

Eat your Rigatoni

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford

I spent the morning with a cup of coffee and a stack of Nana Audrey's vintage recipes. Most neatly typed or handwritten-some shared from friends. Alot splattered with food, her most favorite covered in plastic recipe covers! Quite a few quickly jotted down on hotel stationary from her travels toThe Colonnade Boston, the Silver Dart Motel Nova Scotia and others- Recipes range from festive holiday favorites to hosting her bank business dinners back in the day. I smiled and laughed out loud when I came to a instant pudding dessert titled The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford.

2 comments:

  1. So cool, she loved to set the table just perfect, everything had its place, cooking was a good time for her, but family gatherings she loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda! This is a beautiful blog. I love the tomatoes in the borders. The photos look great! And I laughed out loud when I read that your aunt wrote that about Robert Redford on her recipe! That's a hoot! Looks like you know what you're doing to me. You're off to a great start. I met another person (through an online class about writing for the internet) who has a food blog, too, so I'll send you her link and maybe you can follow each other's blogs! I'm so glad you thought mine is funny. That's what I'm shooting for. It's got to be fun!

    P.S. I think it's wonderful that you're going to share your aunt's recipes and stuff on your blog.

    ReplyDelete